Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of 1st Grade


Today was Reagan's 1st day of 1st grade. She was very, very excited to go back to school. To make the day a little more fun and special, and because life's too short not to have fun and decorate, I surprised her this morning by decorating the dining area in our kitchen.

I found these cute backpacks at Dollar Tree, along with the cursive letters border.


I actually found a table cloth in the basement, painted pieces of cardboard with chalkboard paint to use as placemats and basically went nuts at Dollar Tree, finding all sorts of stuff to use to decorate.

The "Back-to-School" gift we gave her teacher. I put #2 pencils around the outside of an empty formula can (I knew I was saving these for a reason), and filled it with Bath & Body Works Soap, hand sanitizer, Advil, Tylenol, lip balm, Kleenex & Tic Tacs.


Last night I made homemade cinnamon rolls (using my friend Sarah's recipe that is better than cinnabon) and baked and frosted them this morning.
Carter was helping me taste-test the frosting this morning. He approved.



We took our customary pictures out front, although Carter was not too happy about getting his picture taken.


I drove her to school, where she let me take 1 more picture of her in front of the school and then she ran off on the new playground to play with her friends.

Reagan rode the bus home from school. Here's Carter waiting for the bus to come around the corner.

After bubbling over with smiles and joy about the day, we set off to Barnes & Noble to get a few new books to read at night.


Then it was on to Friendly's.
We all scream for ice cream!

Home to debrief Daddy about the day.
Reagan's favorites:
1. Recess
2. Library
3. Numbers
4. Lunch

Then dinner, which was Alphabet Meatball Soup & Garlic Bread.


Crayons for dessert.

4 comments:

  1. You are a SUPER MOM!!! What a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made Reagan's first day of school, a day to remember! Gotta love the frosting "taste tester" what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello cousin-in-law I've never met! I've been reading your blog because I love seeing what you do next! I was hoping I could get your cinnamon roll recipe, it sounds way too good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry Jane, I'll post the recipe. They are so easy & yummy!

    ReplyDelete